Gift Tags Revisited

Gift Tags

Making gift tags is comforting to me.  When the rest of my world is falling apart, I retreat to my studio and cut paper.  It's easy.  I never put much thought into it.  It's my meditation.  I've always had a fascination with paper.  My grandfather bought me and my cousins reams of paper at a office store "Going Out of Business" sale when I was four or five years old.  That was the beginning of the love affair.  Around that same time I discovered my mother's sewing shears and my sister's plaid skirt.  I honed my dexterity cutting the plaid skirt layer by layer, line by line, around and around until my sister discovered me.  Oops!  Too bad she didn't like mini-skirts.

Some of the prettiest tags have been created from vintage
holiday cards that my Aunt Maxine was discarding
when she downsized her household in retirement.
 



Some are made with canceled postage stamps.
Some are made from photos I've taken of treasured items.
And others have been made out of left over paint chips from previous
home improvement projects.  I used a paint pen to draw Christmas
trees on them and embellished with glitter.  Who doesn't love sparkle?









Comments

Popular Posts