Sitting Pretty

Give a Mechanic's Pneumatic Roller Seat and Upgrade



I am a professed tool junky, so when it came to organizing my new studio I was excited to check out our local Harbor Freight store.  I went there to find industrial style chests and bins with which organize all my tools and supplies.  I bought a large tool chest that holds all my power tools, but what I was most excited about buying was this $20.00, Pittsburgh Automotive, pneumatic roller seat

I unscrewed the seat from its base, removed the Naugahyde cover and used it as a template to sew a new cover.  I didn’t take the Naugahyde cover apart.  I just took measurements from it and left it intact.  I put it back on the stool under the new boucle seat cover.  I added a little padding.  The stool doesn’t come with much.  The extra padding not only adds comfort but also makes the new upholstery look more substantial. I only bought a ½ yard, remnant, of boucle fabric to complete this project so the total cost was less than $30.00.  It only took a half hour from start to finish, and it has given me hours of utility.  Not to mention, it looks amazing in my studio!   




Comments

Popular Posts